04 January 2013

Baby Bites: Avocado and Cream Cheese Rollups

Nerd used to be an eater of all-things-made-by-Mommy. Now, all she wants are crackers. Morning. Noon. Night. In the back seat of the station wagon. *sigh*

So I tried making this ridiculously easy meal for her a few days ago. Even though she wouldn't eat it without me smushing it across the top of a Ritz, it still made it into her belly. Mommy wins.

Ingredients:
  • a flour tortilla
  • cream cheese
  • avocado slices
Directions:

Seriously, this might be the easiest thing I've ever made for the Nerd. I smeared a light layer of cream cheese across the entire flour tortilla. Then I arranged some avocado slices on about a third of the cream cheese layer. Finally, I rolled it up sushi-style and wrapped it tightly in plastic wrap. After a few minutes, I unwrapped it to reveal a nicely-set avocado roll that was easy enough to slice.

And like I said, the Nerd wouldn't eat it straight up, but it is easy to mold and manipulate with your fingers once cut into slices. It was perfect for topping those dern crackers!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...