18 July 2012

Nerd in the World: Month 9

I fully realize that this photo doesn't have a monthly sticker…BUT I rarely take photos of Baby Nerd sleeping, and this shot makes me want to gobble her up!

Also sans sticker, and very much unedited…*sigh* It's hilarious, though, that she's so wrapped up in chewing on her soft mirror that she's totally ignoring me.

Unedited image, BUT we have a sticker! Whenever I placed it on her belly, she tried to eat it.

Age: 9 months
Weight: 18 lbs. 12 oz.
Length: 28.5 in
What can she do now?
  • a third tooth popped up on her bottom gums
  • takes actual bites out of food
  • uses a sippy cup with little to no assistance
  • cruising EVERYWHERE!!!
  • takes steps across an open floor with assistance
  • can pet Mojo very gently
  • can find her baby out of a line-up of toys when asked where it is
  • tilt her head to the side just to be cute (I'm pretty sure this is practice for when she's in trouble
  • tap or pat surfaces on command
  • separation anxiety has set in…this one's no fun

    Celebrations from the past month:
    Let's make this one really fast, since I'm almost a month behind--AGAIN:

    • Mallory survived her first non-family, not-the-regular-babysitter babysitting. My hairdresser, Tanya, and her partner, Leslie, watched Mal while Michael worked and I went consignment shopping. These ladies were so good to her!
    • I canned, like, everything I could get my hands on. There are so many jars on our kitchen counter, I can't get to the canister of all purpose flour.
    • My very first student from my first public education job turned 16. This makes me feel old.
    • Had lunch with Laurel and his girlfriend, Kristin. They were up from Florida, and we went to our usual hibachi restaurant for lunch. Mal tried her first fried rice...and liked it.
    • Baby Nerd saw her first fireworks…and hated it.

    A Mother's Thoughts:
    See Month 10. I hope to have it done sometime before she turns one...

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...