18 February 2012

Nerd in the World: Month 4

Too sleepy for pictures today.
Wait a second...
Mama, I said no pictures right after my nap!

Age: 4 months
Weight: slightly over 14 lbs.
Length: ~25 in.
What can she do now?
  • laugh and squeal
  • reach out for toys or other objects that interest her…and then immediately bring them to her mouth
  • lift head all the way off the floor and support weight with her arms and elbows
  • SLEEP 11 HOURS STRAIGHT!
  • suck her thumb (which helps her soothe herself when she gets cranky)
  • smile back at you when you smile at her

Celebrations from the past month:

  • We went to the beach for the first time. Michael and his friend, Ben, were registered for a 5K on Tybee Island the first weekend in February. Naturally, they brought their wives and babies for a weekend of fresh seafood, 4 free T-shirts, and sheer exhaustion. If you remember from the "Nerd in Utero Project" posts, Sam was the baby born to Ben and Krissy on Father's Day last summer. Here are some photos from our stay on Tybee.
Our daddies' racing numbers. Hope they don't pass out before the finish line.

Mamas and babies on the beach. 75 degrees in February?

"Something's different…my feet feel weird…"

"Oh my Lord, it's cold! Get me out, get me out, get me out!"

  •  Mallory and Patrick had another playdate. Well, Katy and Ryan came over for dinner a couple weekends back, so the babies had a chance to share Mal's activity mat. Mallory was moody all evening. Patrick was easy-going.


Mal: "This is MY mat! I didn't say he could play on it!"
Patrick: "Didn't your mother teach you to share?"
  • My dear friend and fellow blogger, A Hab, had her baby girl this past Thursday, 16 February, by C-section. Her name is Melanie, and she was 8 lbs. 15 oz. and an incredible 22 inches long! Like her mother said in a text 2 days ago, here's to hoping for a basketball scholarship. ;)
  • I made a big-girl decision about my job. I've decided to leave the classroom and apply for a paraprofessional job in the county where we live. This, of course, would be for next school year since I have committed to finishing this one first. It's only been a few weeks since I returned to work, and I feel like I'm drowning. Maybe I'll post more about my decision another time, but in short, I'm exhausted from bringing home 10-20 hours worth of work I cannot get done while in the school building. I want to leave work at work, which is impossible when you are a teacher.
Dorky Mommy Moment (DMM):
I told her this morning that she's 33.3% of the way to being a year old, which was equal to 1/3. Can you tell fraction-to-percent conversion is a standard we teach in 5th grade?

    A mother's thoughts from this month:
    We switched Mallory to cloth diapers this past month. I'm sorry--Michael would like for me to clarify. I switched Mallory to cloth diapers, leaving him out of the decision-making process. My inner tree hugger is loving it. Michael, on the other hand, doesn't want to touch them with a 10-foot pole. It is a whole new world in parenting, but I'm enjoying the benefits of it, like the reduction in monthly diapering costs and how cute her butt looks in the brightly-colored prints. This is another entry for another day, but I wanted to throw it out there that cloth diapering is a heck of a lot easier than I thought it would be.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...