27 September 2011

Maternity Photos Reveal A Future Career for Me: As a Japanime Cartoon Character

We are loving our maternity pictures thanks to our friend Melissa Pepin!  She was the same photographer who captured images at our wedding like this one:

Yeah, my husband wore Cons.  I think it's hot.

You can check out Melissa's website of talent here: www.melissapepin.com.  The girl kept us in stitches during our entire maternity session, especially after making us stare deep, deep, deep into each other's eyes for a chunk of the 2 hours and then laughed at us when Michael nor I knew how to hold a photog-worthy lover's gaze without bursting into a roll of belly laughs.  Here are a few of our favorites:

All parents-to-be spend excessive amounts of time touching the baby bump. 
GO DAWGS!

A tiny human will be wearing this soon--and cheering on her Dawgs!

Moment of seriousness: I love the look of peace and love on Michael's face.  It reveals that I chose the man with whom I was meant to procreate.

Touch the belly some more and laugh.

Deep thoughts: "Could I balance a bowl of cereal on this shelf of a belly?"

Handmade booties from good friends make a great gift.

Hands on the belly…and have a moment of panic over the fact she's coming soon...

All. Time. Favorite.
A daddy's first kiss for his daughter.

Let's see how long I can hold this thing up.  Anyone got any string?

As you can see, we're extremely pleased with Melissa's work.  She was definitely the right choice as far as photographers are concerned.

Yet, there were a couple of photos that took me back to something a college friend of mine once said to me.  My roomie and I were pals with a guy in our dorm named Korean Mike.  Well, at least, that's what we dubbed him because we knew about 10,000 Mikes at the time, and he was the only one of them who also happened to be Korean.

Anyway…Korean Mike used to play Korean rap on his guitar and kick everyone's ass in table tennis.  He was great for late-night chats, being a study buddy, or having someone to sit with in the dining hall. When hanging out one night with Korean Mike and a few friends, he looked right at me and asked, "Has anyone ever told you that you look like a cartoon character?"

Baffled, I replied, "Not yet."

"Well, I think you do," Korean Mike went on.  "I don't mean it in an insulting way.  It's just that when you smile, your eyes make that crescent moon shape that Anime cartoons always make when they smile.  Therefore, you look like a cartoon character."

Let's just have a little look-see, shall we?

Exhibit A: Vikki has crescent moon eyes.
Exhibit B: This Anime character has crescent moon eyes.  Maybe we're onto something?

Exhibit C: There they are again, following the arc of my eyebrows like an Anime cartoon!

Exhibit D: This Anime character's eye shape follows the arc of her eyebrows.


Hmmmm...I think Korean Mike may have pegged this one, and it might be that I missed my calling. Maybe if this whole teaching thing doesn't work out, Michael, Mallory, and I will move to Japan so I can begin a career in cartoons.  I'll be the Anime character with debilitating OCD whose partner in crime (a manatee with super powers and an extremely high IQ) helps her fight against illiteracy and political woes in education.  :)


3 comments:

Amanda Jones said...

The photos are so adorable! You two are such a sweet couple. You have the perfect little figure with a cute little belly. I think she captured some pretty awesome moments!

A. Hab. said...

So gorgeous! :) I love the one with the sun flare that creates a rainbow effect--incredible! That takes some real talent.

Jen Stanton said...

I love love LOVE the maternity photos! Melissa did an amazing job. The one of your hubby kissing your belly completely melted me. You are looking absolutely stunning too! And the cartoon thing had me giggling. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...