12 July 2011

Nerd in Utero Project: Week 24

Michael was napping when I needed my photo taken, so I used the Mac's built-in camera.  This week's poster was made by my co-worker, Jodie, because she's hoping Baby Nerd will arrive on her birthday, 24 October even though the estimated day of arrival is the 26th.


How Far Along: 24 weeks, 7 days
Size of Baby: She's still the size of a papaya.  Is she stalling?
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I forgot to weigh myself this week.  It feels like 300 pounds, but I'm guessing I still have only gained 16-18 pounds.
Maternity Clothes: Question for all the mamas out there: When should I start shopping for a nursing bra?
Baby-related Purchases: My next-door neighbor and I volunteered at our local consignment sale drop-off last night, and I cannot wait to hit the sale once the doors open.  There were so many great items I noticed and now want.  And with it being a consignment sale, I won't go broke filling up the back of the VW with baby items.
Gender: GIRL!  And her name is Mallory Olivia.  :)
Movement: I'm noticing that she kicks my ribs when I lay on my right side.  I'm quickly running out of sides on which I can lay comfortably.
Sleep: How do I get past the wakefulness in the middle of the night when I need my energy for the day?  I go back to work in less than 3 weeks.  Waking up at 2:00am and not going back to sleep is going to be a butt-kicker when I have to be at work at 7:00.
Belly Button In or Out: Halfsie.
What I Miss: Being able to sit up, stand up, or shift my weight without having to make a mental plan first.  You become this helpless beached whale whenever you get comfortable on the couch.  Seriously, though...  Do I throw my weight to the side and lead with my hip to stand?  Or do I rock back and hurl myself forward over the weight of the belly?  Or maybe I should just call for a rescue team to pour water over me and scootch me into a full-body sling to be lifted by a crane?
Cravings: I love food.  Foody, food, food.  Here it goes, down into my belly...
Symptoms: 
  • Standing for more than an hour puts my back and feet into such horrible pain, it takes sitting or lying down for at least an hour to recover.  How am I going to be able to teach if I CANNOT STAND?
  • Linea negra is getting darker...
  • Record temps = record sweat.
  • The beginnings of actual swelling.  My ankles were slightly puffy after volunteering at the consignment sale last night.
  • Light cramping.  Very similar to menstrual cramping, just not the scary, intense kind I'm used to.
Managing the Stress: Picking veggies from the garden and turning them into salsa.  My kitchen was messier than the inside of Oscar's trash can once the salsa was canned, but it was so much fun to play with my food.
Worries: Passing out in the heat.  The temp in my car registered at 107 degrees.  I'm starting to think Michael's got the right idea about moving to Ireland.
What I Look Forward To: Getting more of the nursery done.  The crib mattress is in, the valance is being shipped, blank canvases are waiting for me to paint them to match the decor.  I hope little Mallory Olivia loves her room.
Celebrations:
  • I got to spend some quality time with some co-workers over the weekend at dinner and a movie.  We were loud and silly and most likely irritating everyone around us with our boisterous behavior, but we needed that time outside of the walls of the school to just be ourselves.
  • I was asked last night by a fellow volunteer how far along I was.  When I responded with, "6 months," the woman's eyes flew wide open and she exclaimed, "But you're so tiny!  I would have guessed 3 months!"  Thanks to the kind stranger for making me not feel like a gigantic cow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...