14 June 2011

Nerd in Utero Project: Week 20

We're halfway through this pregnancy!

How Far Along: 20 weeks, 7 days…yes, I'm getting slower at this...
Size of Baby: The size of a small cantaloupe.  I eyeballed a cantaloupe in the grocery store, and I swear I said to myself, "I have one of THOSE inside me?"
Total Weight Gain/Loss: A smidgen over 15 pounds.  Time to hit the gym to balance where all that weight is going.
Stretch Marks: No, and I don't think they're going to show.
Maternity Clothes: I keep wearing the same outfits over and over because the few I have fit and they're comfortable.  The shirts I already possessed before the belly…well, I thought would be long enough to cover my maternity waistbands, but no such luck.  Might have to wear the BeBand more just to mock a cami underneath such shirts.
Baby-related Purchases: I had a coupon for a NUK baby bottle, so I picked one up while grocery shopping.  I've also started a registry with the help of some of my mommy friends.  In fact, my next-door neighbor, Jennifer, wants to take me to Rattles and Rhymes in Athens to help me start one of my registries there.  I'm pretty stoked about shopping with her.  And I think I've picked out a bedding set for Nerd's room to help start a theme.  I'm trying my darndest to avoid lots of pink in her room (sorry little girl…).  I wouldn't make her room look just like this (yeah, no chandeliers or rugs or bird cages), but I love the boldness of the patterns of everything in the crib.  Thoughts?  Opinions?



Gender: A girl!
Movement: She really gets her groove on every day.  It's not just the slight tapping she did when I was still questioning if it was really her.  We're talking banging on the inside of my abs and doing flippity flips.  I have a hunch that we'll be able to see her movements soon.
Sleep: Snoogle and I had a fight.  He's on the floor, and I'm back to hugging my old pillows.  I still don't know how this happened after relying on Snoogle for a perfect night's sleep for so many weeks.
Belly Button In or Out: It can't make up its dang mind.
What I Miss: Being able to do yard work for long stretches.  Michael and I had a lot to get caught up on in the yard after getting back from vacation.  We trekked out in the morning, thinking we would avoid the heat.  He got on the lawn mower.  I attacked the weeds.  And then the heat attacked me.  It wasn't 10 minutes before I had soaked my shirt with sweat and my pulse was elevated.  My body forced me to take frequent breaks for water, peeing, and lowering my temperature over the hour I spent weeding.  I finally gave up, leaving a significant chunk of the work undone.  Weeds are going to take over my yard faster than I can get to them.  It's going to make me go mad.
Cravings: With so many good fruits being in season, I can't resist them.  I have consumed more peaches, strawberries, and blackberries than I can count.  Caesar salads are still my favorite in the greens department, but I'm making sure to put other green things on the menu for the week to keep my diet balanced.
Symptoms: 
  • Did I mention the sweating?  Do they make anti-perspirant for the under sides of your boobs?
  • Tiredness.  It really hasn't gone away, and it irritates me that I can't do any activity without wanting to take a nap afterwards.
  • My belly is starting to get in the way, especially when I'm trying to lean over a countertop or bend down to put on my shoes.  If it's this way now, I can only imagine what it'll be like at 9 months.
  • C-cup boobs!  Question to all you mothers out there: At what point do they cease growing during the pregnancy?  Or should I just expect to be hauling around DD's by the time Baby Nerd gets here?
Managing the Stress: Husband and dog.  They are my source of entertainment, comedic relief, and (brief) exercise when we walk around the yard.  They are the men in my life.
Worries: That climbing the stairs will become a chore.  I am already getting a little short of breath going up and down the stairs here at home.  I don't want to have to take a 5-minute break when I reach the landing.
What I Look Forward To: Decorating the nursery.  It's summer, so I have plenty of time to work on it.
Celebrations: Being back at home.  Michael and I love to travel, and we're always talking about "the next trip".  Will we need our passports?  Swimsuits?  Hiking boots and waterproof jackets?  But there's something so comforting about being at home that makes you realize just how wonderful it truly can be.  We get to sleep in our own bed, wrestle with Mojo, tend to our vegetables, have dinners with the neighbors, spend the day shopping with family, read books on the couch, and make lunch dates with friends who are in town.  It really is good to be home.


1 comment:

Lili Hill said...

Welcome to mid-point! In regards to your boobie-growth question, it's different for everyone... Mine didn't get bigger til my milk came in, but I had C's to start with. *shrug* For comfort when side-sleeping I recommend trying a foam mattress pad (sometimes referred to as 'egg-crate' foam because it looks like egg crates). :P It helped me through the end of the pregnancy. The nursery pattern is REALLY cute! And if you get a chance, come visit Athens Mothers' Center this summer! We meet tues and fri mornings 9:30am-11:30am at St. Gregory's episcopal church on the eastside of Athens. (Not affiliated with the church, we just rent the space from them). It's a great safe place to get answers to almost every mommy question you can come up with and has saved my sanity a million times over!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...