04 April 2011

Nerd in Utero Project: Week 10

Can you tell yet?  Several co-workers say than can!

The words are a little blurry, so here's what we have for 10 WEEKS:
*10 lunar months in a pregnancy
*10 fingers and toes
*"Ten" is an album by Pearl Jam
*10 is a triangular number (think bowling pins)


This Week in Nerd Growing:
How Far Along: 10 weeks, 6 days
Size of Baby: The size of a prune.  Maybe that's where I should get my extra fiber...
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained somewhere between 3-4 pounds since the beginning.
Maternity Clothes: So I wanted to get myself a BeBand to extend the life of my jeans while I was out with my mom on Saturday.  There wasn't a Target in the area where we met up, but there was a Kohl's.  We thought we would try our luck there.  Disappointingly, their maternity department could fit inside my bedroom closet--clothes and jammies combined!  And no BeBands.  This will give me an excuse to go shopping at Target.
Baby-related Purchases: I would have bought the BeBand if Kohl's was a little more mommy-to-be friendly.
Gender: The online Chinese gender predictors say "boy".  Those have to be right, right?
Movement: Still haven't felt any movement, but I find myself caressing my belly more.
Sleep: I fall asleep at the drop of a hat.  It's making me fall behind on everything.  My papers don't get graded as quickly, our house is a wreck, the poor dog needs his nails clipped…I think I'll have to hire a part-time maid when our baby comes to alleviate some of the pressure of general upkeep.  We're going to end up living under mountains of Mojo hair if we don't!
Stretch Marks: Still no new ones, but I love my Palmer's.
Belly Button In or Out:  In.
What I Miss:  Not getting worn out within the first 5 minutes of engaging in a physical activity.  Michael and I worked in the yard all weekend since the weather was beyond perfect.  He cut and edged the yard, but I needed him to help me with planting flowers in the beds after he completed all of his yard tasks.  I'd dig a hole or two and then run for the comfort of the porch shade and drink half of my giant squeeze bottle of water.  It wasn't even that hot outside!  Somehow, I managed to pull off a few hours outside each of the two days, but it came with frequent breaks and a yearning for a nap.
Cravings:  Cheese still reigns supreme.  I also crave soda water more than regular water (to which I add a twist of lime or lemon--delicious).  Apples are more appealing than they used to be, so I have added them to my breakfast.  I've always loved potatoes, but I want them morning, noon, and night.  Any way you can make them, I will eat them.  I look forward to our first potato harvest.
Symptoms:
  • Head, meet Pillow.  Pillow, meet Head.  You two will get along nicely until the baby comes.
  • Feed me.  I'm always hungry.
  • My OCD seems to be taking a backseat to my fatigue and hunger.  I miss my clean, tidy house and being on top of my game.
Managing the Stress:  OK, so maybe I complained about wearing myself out in the yard over the weekend, but I really did enjoy it when I didn't feel like passing out from thirst or exhaustion.  Working the earth is such a beautiful, poetic affair.  I came in the house wearing more dirt on my skin and under my nails than I put around the roots of my freshly-planted phlox and dianthus, and that makes me a content woman.
Worries:  That I will gain too much weight.  Is that stupid to worry about?  I guess it's because I'm afraid of the health risks that come with gaining too much weight--high blood pressure/pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes, joint pain, etc.  I guess we'll have to wait and see where this one goes.
Celebrations:  There are only 2 more weeks of school until spring break!  Maybe I'll clean my house then…anyone want to loan me their carpet shampooer?


1 comment:

Rachael said...

It won't be long and your energy will be back girl!! Allow the house to be what it is your rest is much more important! It is very common for people to hire some help in pregnancy and the newborn stage. There are more important things than housework( this is coming from an OCD clean freak). But I spent to much time cleaning and not enjoying my child and I will never do that again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...