02 March 2011

Nerd in Utero Watch: Week 6

I love viewing friends' photojournalistic records of their slowly-expanding bellies.  They find their "spot" in their household to stand week to week, smile and stand sideways, and then make note of the point on their gestational timeline.  Some friends have done this form of documentation in full head-to-toe mode.  Others would rather concentrate their photos on just their bellies, excluding their faces from the shots.  No matter how it's done, though, it is meaningful and poetic.  It is a way to immortalize the single-most important achievement a couple can make: creating life.

Well, it might be VERY early in our baby-growing, but I wanted to put a spin on the documentation of my soon-to-grow belly.  Each week, I'll stand in my spot, smile and turn sideways, and hold up the week's number.  But will it be just the week number?  Oh, no no!  We will have a statement below the number that relates to the number's significance.  Some will be really dorky (like the one for this week), some will be ridiculously funny, and some might be made up (I mean, I'm struggling with the significance of 33).  And since we have so many friends and family who are following on our journey, we will take suggestions on what to post for different numbers when we get stuck and I'll give you an internet shout-out!  Heck, you could even design the number page if you're artsy-fartsy (unlike myself).

Week 6: No bump, but we're definitely growing a future nerd.  Hope he/she likes Jeopardy.

Thanks again for all the love and support since we made the announcement!  Now go out and enjoy this absurdly awesome Georgia weather!


4 comments:

A. Hab. said...

Haha! I'm so glad you're doing this. I am one of those people who absolutely loves watching my friends' bellies grow. :) Thanks for sharing this with all of us!

batonya_anime said...

You're adorable! Can't wait to see how cute you are super pregos :)

Marlene said...

I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations, Vikki!!! I know you have been waiting for this moment...enjoy every bit of it!

Em said...

Haha. No bump but definitely glowing in this picture. I hope your little nerd appreciates that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...