27 March 2011

Nerd in Utero Project: Week 9

Funniest remark on my belly size all week came from my teammate, Tamara: "You can totally tell you're getting bigger.  Your belly used to be concave.  Now it's become flat!"  Love you, Tam!


This Week in Nerd Growing:
How Far Along: 9 weeks, 5 days
Size of Baby: The size of a green olive.  I bought a jar at the grocery store earlier today.  Yum.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: The same 2 pounds from last week.  Also, I finally measured for increase in bust (1 1/2 inches) and waist (1/2 inch) since we first discovered we were pregnant.
Maternity Clothes: I may have to start shopping for maternity clothes, like, next weekend.  All of my pants are snug, and wearing a belt just hurts.  I am going to need all new bras, too.  My girls are trying to escape all of my current bras from every angle possible.
Baby-related Purchases: No, but my sister-in-law's family got me a Babies R Us gift certificate for my birthday!
Gender: We keep referring to our nerd as a "he".  Just sayin'.
Movement: I haven't felt any movement, but we definitely saw movement on last week's ultrasound!  It was as if our baby knew we were watching intently--he gave a whole-body wiggle.
Sleep: Seriously…this whole bone-crushing, zombie-walking, please-don't-talk-to-me-before-9:00am kind of tired is getting old.  The doc said it was likely it will be over with the end of the first trimester.  Gosh, I hope so.
Stretch Marks: Don't want them, so I'm already using the Palmer's cocoa butter.
Belly Button In or Out: In as in can be.
What I Miss:  A restful night's sleep.  It's ridiculous at how unrefreshed I feel when I wake.  When I got up at my normal 5:00am last Monday, I had the most difficult time getting through my morning routine.  In fact, it wasn't until about 1:00pm that day that I finally felt "awake".
Cravings: Anything with cheese: nachos, mac and cheese, pizza, enchiladas, pimento cheese sandwiches…  When Michael and I shared a Newman's Own pizza the other night, I cut it into 6 slices.  I ate 4.  He ate 2.  I'm going to need more fiber.
Symptoms:
  • Sleeping like it's my job.
  • The acne continues.  It seems to be concentrating on my upper arms, so my affair with summer sleeveless tops may have to come to an end.
  • Boobs hurt less, but they are starting to get in my way.  MY boobs…in MY way.  Never thought I'd see the day.
  • Having to get up in the middle of the night to pee.  The first time I had to get up, I stumbled across our bedroom and ran smack into the wall.  This was roughly 6 inches from the door to our bathroom.  That was 3 nights ago, and my chin still hurts.
  • My mental acuity is waning.  It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to open the door to the gas tank on our new car and another 5 to figure out how to pump the diesel.  Non-pregnant me would have done it with my eyes closed.  And I keep leaving those damn bags of potato chips in the wrong place (instead of losing in the fridge like the last time, I found them on top of the fridge)!!!
Managing the Stress: Love my work-outs.  Got a pedicure with my next-door neighbor and her daughter last Sunday, which was VERY relaxing.  Getting out in the yard on the really pretty spring days is a great stress buster, too.  I'm ready to get some tomatoes and peppers planted.
Worries: Being able to afford everything we need for a baby, and that's anticipating everything goes smoothly with gestation, as well as taking home a healthy baby!  It's difficult for me to accept the cost of so many needed items for new babies.  I mean, $100 for a baby monitor?  I'd rather buy a used one for $50 off eBay.  $150 for a car seat?  They outgrow the dern things so quickly!  I can see me trying to buy used baby stuff from all my friends with kids.
Celebrations:
  • Seeing our baby move for the first time.
  • Getting the news from the doc that our pregnancy was exactly what it should be.
  • Being over the stomach virus and having my appetite back!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh I love it!!! And don't worry about all the expensive baby stuff, that's what showers are for! I worried SOOOO much about that and in the end, we got everything we needed from friends at showers except our crib...(and we know the manufacturers website and bought from them directly to save a TON of money). Don't add numbers up in your head, it'll make you crazy. :) Rub the nub for me!!!

A. Hab. said...

That's one of Robert's biggest fears, too. I think it's what's keeping him from being ready to jump in and start trying. I'm with Melissa--thank god for baby showers! :) And Sam's Club. Have you seen then pallets of baby wipes and diapers they have?? I'll be going to a friend's baby shower here pretty soon, and I'm planning on getting a pallet of wipes and a pallet of diapers, seriously. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...