19 March 2011

Nerd in Utero Project: Week 8

So the doc told us at our ultrasound (on 7 March) that we were not yet to 7 weeks.  Based on that news, our turnaround day for each new week is Wednesday, not Sunday (like I thought).  It moves our due date to 26 October 2011.


Also, Weeks 11 and 24 have been claimed by 2 of my co-workers.  Let me know if you would like to design one of our "posters" for a week number you are interested in!

Looking a little haggard after fighting a stomach virus the last couple of days.  You can laugh at my attempt at being creative in honor of the most recent holiday.

This Week in Nerd Growing:
How Far Along: 8 weeks (and a few days…I'm a little late posting this one)
Size of Baby: The size of my favorite fruit: the raspberry.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Two pounds on, which is probably all in my chest.  My boobs are slowly invading my upper body.  Maybe I'll finally be able to fill my A-cup bras!
Maternity Clothes: I wore a loose-fitting shirt the other day that I purchased from Victoria's Secret last summer (which everyone knows they do NOT make maternity clothes).  Yet, my students were convinced it was a maternity top and told me just how pregnant I looked in it.  I know I don't have washboard abs or anything, but I still don't have my pregnant belly.
Baby-related Purchases: I'm afraid to buy anything baby-related, as I don't want to jinx the pregnancy.  I want to get past (at least) week 10 before I start purchasing bibs and onesies and furniture.
Gender: Our "psychic" powers (read: gut instinct) tell us it's a boy.
Movement: Just the movement of my uterus slowly expanding.  Apparently, it's the size of a grapefruit now.  That's one swollen uterus.
Sleep: I can't get enough sleep, it seems.  I want to fall asleep at work or right after a meal.  Growing a human is exhausting.
Stretch Marks: Do the ones on my outer thighs from gaining weight from my college meal plan count?
Belly Button In or Out: Still in.
What I Miss:  I miss beer.  Its sweet, yeasty smell, the beautiful shades of amber, the seasonal brews...  At least with with the restrictions on cheese, there are still options available based on pasteurization.  There are no worthwhile beer alternatives.
Cravings: Salty foods and anything fresh, like the greens from our garden.  I'm liking sweet foods less and less.
Symptoms:
  • Still sleepy.  
  • Still sore if I'm not in a sports bra.  
  • Still hungry all the time.  
  • Still no morning sickness (yay!), but I had a nasty stomach bug over the last couple of days where I couldn't keep down even a few mouthfuls of chicken noodle soup.  Had to get a scrip for Zofran to cease the vomiting.  Baby needs to eat!
  • Now acne is a menace.  I thought being pregnant would clear my skin faster than a week with Proactiv.  Alas, I am stuck with the skin of my teenage years.
Managing the Stress: The work-out schedule with Brittany is all over the place with both of us being so busy, but we try to manage meeting at least twice a week.  Michael and I have managed working in our yard some, and that definitely helps ease some of my anxiety.
Worries: Like I said, I just want to make it past week 10.  I realize there's not some magic threshold to cross that says that we're out of the "risk of miscarriage" woods, but I'll breathe a little easier once we pass that week.
Celebrations: Let's start a list for this category:
  • We heard our baby's heartbeat!  It was 128 bpm, and we could see it pulsating on the ultrasound.  It was ridiculously awesome.
  • We bought our first family vehicle.  And what did we get? (drumroll please...)  The VW Jetta SportWagen TDI!  I can't believe it's actually ours, but it's everything I hoped for in a family vehicle.  I couldn't be happier with our choice.
  • I celebrated another year of life.  I've always loved having a birthday on the Ides of March.  What made it even cooler was the fact that every category of the first round of Jeopardy! was themed for the Ides.
  • Michael started his permanent day shift schedule!  His hours are almost exactly the same as mine, so we'll have every evening together, as well as our weekends.  I'm no longer a pharmacy widow every other week.
  • I received TWO pieces of good news that I'm not yet allowed to share.  Those entries will have to come later.  :)

2 comments:

A. Hab. said...

Love it! The little pot o' gold picture complete with shamrocks is adorable! :)

Sigh...I can't believe your kids said they could tell you were pregnant in a loose-fitting shirt. That's always one of my fears, actually! Loose-fitting nice tops look good on me...but I worry they also make me look pregnant, lol. I wore an empire-waist sundress to a family BBQ last weekend, and I was so worried the entire time that my family was going to start asking questions or making assumptions. (That's one of the downsides to being an overweight newlywed. ;))

You are looking so adorable, and I just know that one day Baby will really appreciate this tribute! :)

Rikki said...

Chance, my oldest son, was born on 11-8 at 8:42, weighing 8lbs 8ozs while my cousin, who happened to be wearing #88, was playing in the state football play-offs! It's always been his lucky number! ;-)

I recently began reading some of your blogs and have quickly become addicted! I'm so happy for you that you guys are finally experiencing this wonderful adventure! I can't wait to read more about it!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...