07 March 2011

Nerd in Utero Project: Week 7

After much thought, I am changing these entries to "Nerd in Utero Project".  It feels more appropriate somehow...

Still no bump, but we made it another week! And 7 is such a lovely number! 




How Far Along: 7 weeks
Size of Baby: The size of a blueberry.  Mmmmm…blueberries sound good right now...
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not an ounce.
Maternity Clothes: Still not there, but I'm already mourning the day I can't button my favorite jeans from Target.
Baby-related Purchases: No purchases, but my fabulous next-door neighbor brought me her copy of Pregnancy Week by Week.  It's really fun to sit down with Michael and study what our baby is doing each week.
Gender: Boy nerd, girl nerd--who knows?
Movement: Still just gas...
Sleep: I'm in love with sleep.  I feel like I need a nap after every meal and all physical activity, like working all day or chewing gum.
Stretch Marks: Not yet.
Belly Button In or Out: Very much in.
What I Miss: I found pasteurized feta at Publix, so I don't miss feta anymore!  Now I just miss bleu cheese and all foods containing it.  Looks like I'll have to eat ranch dressing with my hot wings.
Cravings: I want salty foods more than sweet foods, but I favored the salt over sweets before baby.
Symptoms: So dang tired!  ALL THE TIME!  My boobs don't hurt nearly as bad (which worries me--does that mean something worth worrying over?).  And I'll knock on wood for this one--no morning sickness to date.  :)
Managing the Stress: Keeping up my work-out dates with my friend, Brittany.  I also sleep more.
Worries: It's still miscarriage.  My mom miscarried at week 8.  I've known others to miscarry even later than that.  The idea of making it this far after all of our trials and then losing the baby gives me nightmares.
Celebrations: It hasn't happened yet, but we go tomorrow for our first ultrasound!  I'm still in disbelief that we're pregnant, despite the fact I've had no period (but hey, I'm used to inconsistent periods), 4 positive home pregnancy tests (and they're 99% accurate), and positive results from the NP (those are pretty darn accurate, too).  It's as if I can't believe that we are capable of conceiving until I can actually SEE our little nerd and hear his/her heartbeat.


The Week 24 poster is going to be designed by my friend, Jodie.  She called dibs 5 minutes after the last posting.  Any other takers on those wacky weeks?



3 comments:

maternity clothes said...

I'm forward to see the rest of the week of your self during your pregnancy.

Katie said...

You are GLOWING!!!! I love it! Your title is hysterical, too! Isn't the heartbeat just A-H-mazing!!!! :):):)

paula said...

As for your sore breasts, I've read that not everyone has the horrible soreness, so no need to worry about that. Just count yourself lucky!! Congrats!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...