14 February 2011

They May Have Smiled, but They Forgot the Next Step

Like I could have waited until tomorrow to take a pregnancy test…

I know, I know, the NP said to wait until then.  But my reasons for taking a pregnancy test today are three-fold:


  1. Tomorrow is also the day the Wanderlust and Lipstick website announces the winner of the writing contest I entered on New Year's.  My usual optimistic self isn't feeling, well, optimistic.  So I figured, "Why get TWO pieces of bad news in one day?"
  2. I'm at day 30 in my cycle.  Anything past day 28 is considered "testable" in my book (even with my cycle's unfortunate track record).
  3. If it turned out negative, at least I could have a Yuengling with my Valentine's dinner with my hubs.
With all that said, plus an influential text message from my friend, Sandra, who was thinking along the same lines in testing a day early, I peed on yet another stick.

And yet again, it turned out negative.

I can't say I'm surprised.  I'm used to getting the minus sign each month.  Not that I'll let it discourage me, but it's a heck of a lot less disappointing when you don't get your hopes overly high.

So tonight's focus for this Valentine's Day was a quaint home-cooked dinner of spicy pork chops, edamame, and handmade oven fries with Michael while we watched the IBM computer go head-to-head with Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter on Jeopardy!.  We each nursed a bottle of Yuengling and helped ourselves to second helpings of the oven fries.

And hey, if I don't win that 10-day trip to Asia tomorrow, there will still be a vacation to be planned with the ol' hubs to someplace we've never been before, like central Europe or the American northeast.

And it will be awesome.

And then I'll write about it.


1 comment:

A. Hab. said...

I'm sorry, Vikki...I know this is disappointing. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your Valentine's Day, though. And...I don't want this to come across as a lame pat-on-the-shoulder, but I genuinely think it's okay to be heartened by the medicine you're on. I'm just thinking about that amazing spike to 12.4 in such a short time--I'm still rooting for you. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...